LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS CRAZY GOOD VEGAN GROUND “BEEF” BULGOGI RECIPE!
LAY HO MA! This recipe will definitely become you top favourite weekly dishes for sure! Join me in this episode and learn how to make a vegan version of the popular Korean ground beef bulgogi recipe right at home! Let’s begin
1 cup sushi rice
1 cup water
200g extra firm tofu
4-5 pieces garlic
3 sticks green onion
1 1/2 tsp cane sugar
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
splash toasted sesame oil
3 tbsp chili oil (https://youtu.be/oYz9GNg-8tw)
1. Rinse and drain the rice 2-3 times to get rid of the excess starch. Add 1 cup of water to the rice and heat it up on medium high heat
2. When the water begins to bubble, turn the heat to medium low and give the pot a good stir to release any rice grabbing the bottom of the pan. Cover and cook for 15min
3. In the meantime, pat dry the extra firm tofu and mash into a crumble with a fork
4. Finely dice the onion and garlic
5. After 15min, turn the heat off on the rice and let it further steam for 10min
6. Make the sauce by combining the cane sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil
7. Heat up a nonstick pan to medium heat. Add the chili oil
8. Sauté the tofu, onions, and garlic for 7-8min
9. Pour in the sauce and sauté for another couple of minutes. Add the green onion and sauté for another 30 seconds
10. Garnish with white toasted sesame seeds and serve with freshly steamed white rice
YOUR SIGNED VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK, COOK WITH CONFIDENCE COOKBOOK + GET YOUR FREE E-BOOK + TAKE YOUR VEGAN SUSHI MASTERCLASS HERE:
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @yeungmancooking
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/yeungmancooking.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching: