ORDER YOUR COOKBOOKS, MERCH, & SUSHI MASTERCLASS HERE:
LEARN HOW TO MAKE AN EASY LAKSA RECIPE AT HOME TODAY!
LAY HO MA! Nothing beats a hot bowl of spicy soup noodles on a cold winter day (or any day really!). Join me in this episode and learn how to make an easy and quick version of the popular laksa recipe! Let’s begin
1/3 Asian eggplant
30g extra firm tofu
drizzle of avocado oil
150g round rice noodles (Yunan rice noodles)
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp red curry paste (https://youtu.be/EMRMPm4tCkg)
1 tbsp curry powder
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups vegetable stock (https://youtu.be/4bAv9u-thd0)
3 tofu puffs
small handful of bean sprouts
few sprigs cilantro
1. Bring a pot of water to boil for the noodles
2. Slice the eggplant into quarters. Scoop out some tofu balls using a melon baller
3. Heat up a nonstick pan to medium heat. Add the avocado oil followed by the eggplant and broccolini. Sauté for 2-3min, then set aside
4. Cook the round rice noodles to al-dente
5. Heat up another pot to medium heat. Add the coconut oil and red curry paste. Sauté for 4-5min
6. Add and stir in the curry powder to combine. Then, add the coconut milk. Stir to combine
7. Add the vegetable stock along with the broccolini, eggplant, tofu puffs, and tofu balls. Give it a good stir, cover, and bring to a boil
8. When the noodles are done, strain them out and place in the serving bowl
9. Depending on if your vegetable stock is salted, you may season with some salt or soy sauce to taste. Pour the broth onto the noodles and assemble the toppings
10. Garnish with bean sprouts and fresh cilantro
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @yeungmancooking
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/yeungmancooking.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching: