ORDER YOUR COOKBOOKS, MERCH, & SUSHI MASTERCLASS HERE:
LEARN HOW TO MAKE A GINGER OIL + RICE RECIPE TODAY!
LAY HO MA! This recipe has unique flavours, textures, absolutely delicious, and simple to make! Join me in this episode and learn how to make an incredible ginger oil (scallion oil) + rice recipe today!
1/2 cup grapeseed or avocado oil
4 sticks green onion
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup jasmine rice
3 pieces garlic
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup water
pepper to taste
handful of cherry tomatoes
few sprigs cilantro
1. Heat up the grapeseed or avocado oil in a small saucepan for 4-5min
2. Finely chop the ginger and green onion. Place into a mortar and add the salt. Coarsely crush the green onions and ginger
3. Very carefully pour the hot oil into the mortar. Give it a stir and transfer to the serving bowl
4. Rinse and drain the jasmine rice a couple of times
5. Finely chop the garlic and add to the saucepan along with the rice and toasted sesame oil. Sauté the rice on medium heat for 1-2min
6. Add the soy sauce and water to the rice. Give it a good stir, then turn the heat to medium high. When the water starts to bubble, give it a stir, and turn the heat to medium low. Cover and cook for 15min
7. Prep the jackfruit by squeezing out the water and tossing it in some salt and pepper to taste
8. After 15min, turn the heat to the rice off. Let it steam for another 15min
9. Plate the jackfruit along with some sliced cherry tomatoes and roughly chopped cucumber
10. When the rice is done, fluff it and plate with the jackfruit and veggies
11. Garnish with some freshly chopped cilantro and serve with the ginger and green onion oil
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @yeungmancooking
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/yeungmancooking.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching: